Chicken Katsu Curry
- First up is the sauce. Heat half the olive in a saucepan and cook the chopped onions and carrot for about 8 mins, until they start too soften. Once this is done add the garlic and ginger and allow to sizzle for 30 seconds. Stir in the curry powder and turmeric. Allow the spices to warm for a couple of minutes before adding the coconut milk and honey, along with 100ml of water. Cover and allow to simmer on a low heat for 20 minutes.
- At this point, put on the rice and cook as per the instructions on the packet.
- For the chicken you are going to need to put the breadcrumbs in a dish, and sprinkle a bit of water over the chicken breasts. Then roll the chicken in the breadcrumbs and place to one side.
- Once the carrot is soft in the sauce, get a hand blender and blend up the sauce until it is smooth. Once blended keep on a low heat to keep warm and add a drop more water if its too thick.
- Heat the remainder of the olive oil in a frying pan and cook the chicken for 4-5 minutes per side or until cooked through.
- Once ready serve up the rice, chicken and pour the sauce on top. Finish off with cucumber ribbons on top and eat!