Crispy Chilli Beef & Rice
- Put your rice in a saucepan and allow to simmer whilst you get on with the rest of the recipe.
- Cut the steak into strips and place in a bowl. Add the cornflour, salt and pepper and cover the steak strips .
- Heat the olive oil in a wok on a high heat and add the beef. Cook until it is dark and crispy. Once this is done use a slotted spoon and remove the steak and place on a plate lined with kitchen roll to soak up some fo the fat and then leave to the side. .
- Turn the heat down to medium and add the ginger, garlic, broccoli and red peppers to the pan. Stir fry for 2-3 mins until lightly cooked. Remove from the pan with a slotted spoon and place to one side.
- Put the lime juice in a bowl and add the soy sauce and chilli. Mix this all together and then pour into the wok on a high heat and allow the sauce to bubble for 2-3 mins.
- Drain and rinse the rice and then add this to the sauce in the wok and stir together.
- Add in the steak, broccoli, red pepper, spring onions, garlic and ginger for another 2-3 mins. Stirring regularly so that the rice doesn’t get stuck to the wok.
- Once this is hot through, dish up and add any extra chilli flakes if you like it hot.
- Shovel it down as it tastes amazing!